9.9.10

S2 Term Break

S2 Week (Term Break)

Term break

After the last submission on week 7, we had a week of term break. I spent most of my time doing studio readings, thinking and some design work (and working full-time at office). Unfortunately I didn't do much writing (so I can't post my thoughts). However I did do a project flow summary and hopefully it will be the guideline of my project folio (physical project journal) and my final crit presentation.

1)Identify Issue
2)Create Task
3)Find Solution

Project introduction:

- Primary introduction of studio and choice of topic (what inspires me to select this topic?)

- Islam and Muslims in the West (demographics and predicament)

- Mosque Architecture (traditional and contemporary)

- Mosque in the West (the development, problems)

- How/what should a western (Sydney) mosque be?

- Where should it be built? (Site analysis)

- Key design ideas (aim and task)

- Sydney Mosque programs and objectives

Design Section:

- Design inspiration (Islamic Art, Contemporary Art, Islamic doctrine, traditional and contemporary architectural discourses)

- Main design concepts

- Design experimentation and exploration

- Concepts and ideas (through diagrams) that generate design

- Propose design (drawings and models)

- Structure and construction (Details)

- Environmental strategies

Conclusion:

- Project summary

No comments:

Post a Comment