10.11.10

Final Presentation

S2 Final Week

Final Review

It was both nerve-racking and exciting to come to an end of a year-long graduation studio. The final review was my last chance to convince others about my research and design intervention. I was lucky enough to have 4 external juries: Xin Ruan, Richard Johnson, Paul Hogben and Katrina Simons + my tutor, Paola.

I begin my presentation with my research background (introduction and theoretical framework) accompanied by powerpoint and continued presenting my design intervention with powerpoint, video presentation, presentation boards and my model.

Presentation Materials

Presentation Slides

Presentation boards (printed on 3 A0 size panels)

Video presentation

SYDNEY MOSQUE from lionel teh on Vimeo.

1:300 Model



1:100 Sectional Model



Presentation Speech:
The speech is to be read with the presentation slides. It is merely a guide line and therefore it may be fragmented.


Review

Overall review was a positive one. They were very pleased with all my presentation materials. The main critic (or rather the things to improve) is matters of complexity and simplicity. There is a need to 'edit' the project to achieve a subliminal simplicity and at the same time achieve great complexity. Yes, this is very difficult. However by overcoming this difficulty will differentiate a great architect from a good architect. I hope that I can get there one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment