1.10.10

CADing and Design

S2 Week 10

Design struggles

I have been struggling with making design decisions that articulate the architectural spaces, the overall architectural language and the structural concept. At the moment, the design has too many segments of different spaces with complicated (/messy) spatial quality and structural systems. There is a severe lack of clarity (I felt!).

The whole building design is driven by a strong geometrical rational (which is the radiating Islamic-inspired pattern), therefore there is a need to simplify the structural system and a clear overall design language. I need to find a design vocabulary that can be use to articulate all the different spaces in the building.

This week:

I spent most of my time translating my hand sketch plans into CAD drawings.

While CADing, I have also work with sketchup model hand in hand to make sure the structure works 3-dimensionally.

Besides computer, I also work with hand sketches and cardboard (study) models.


Next week:

Continue working on CAD drawings, 3d computer model and physical model.
Also, I have to work of design details simultaneously.
Yet another busy week!

1 comment:

  1. hello,i am a chinese college student. i am very like your new point as well i am very like your presention . in this week ,we have a home work to make a beauty home .when i watched this presention ,i want to make your archi . would you can take me some bate about this .i will very glad to you........... mail: freeraindrop@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete